Friday, 31 August 2012
Crazy Times
Well, it's been a crazy summer! Crazy, but good!
Of course, it all started (technically in the spring) when the baby was born. When I started this blog I was not intending to use names in it, but being that this is only me second entry, I'm finding that challenging, so I have decided to use single initials to refer to people. My husband is 'T' and my son in 'R'. There. So much better... but I digress.
After R made his appearance into this world and we got thru the first couple months busy began! My parents came up from Texas to visit, and of course to meet their grandson for the first time. We had a great few days with them and had R dedicated while they were here. It was wonderful.
After they left we started apartment hunting - we HAVE to move; soooooo tired of dealing with all the crap attached to this place - and after a couple of showings we found the one we wanted. Paperwork filed, CPIC's done and the dotted line signed. Aaaaaaand it's done!
After that we went camping. Loads of relaxation! We have a cabin so that I don't have to worry about R freezing at night. And he's such a good traveler and camper. I'm so proud of him. Can you tell?
Came home and start the packing process. First day = 26 boxes packed. Feeling very accomplished! Oh, and we should probably give the landlord our 60 days notice. Minor detail, right?
I feel like this is enough activity to end now. Noooooope! We went camping again. Still lots of fun and very relaxing, and I'm glad we do it.
Then R and I took an 8h road trip with his Aunt S. She took us to visit Aunt J, Uncle R, Uncle G and cousins M & M. Aunt S left us to play and did her own visiting. The original plan was to come home with Aunt S as well, but Aunt J and Uncle R arranged for us to stay longer and build in a visit to meet R's GREAT grandparents! Soooooooo glad that worked out! We came home on the train, and my little R proved again what a terrific little traveler he is :)
We got home on a Wed night, spent the evening with T who hadn't seen his little boy in 5 days and the next day started to pack for another camping trip. This brings us to today. We leave this afternoon for another camping weekend. We are all ready to go!
When we get home we have a couple weeks to keep packing for the move, then in 2 weeks we head on another road trip for a family baby shower being held for us by my grandparents. That will only be a 2 day trip and when we get home, we have only 6 days until the big move!
I'm looking forward to the move being behind us. And once it is, our first weekend in the place we go for our last camping trip of the season. And then it's October.
Like I said. It's been crazy times - and there are more to come - but they've been a good crazy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment